Monday, August 14, 2006

Still Going...

Good morning, everyone. As much as I'd love to do several long posts about all of the activities that have been going on since last Tuesday, I just don't have the time yet. I just got home from work a few minutes ago, but I have to get a few hours of sleep before meeting Angy for lunch one last time before she heads home today. Instead of flying back, she's road-tripping back to Illinois in her sweet new ride. I offered to go with her, but she's cool with making the trip alone. I just have to print out directions from Mapquest so she doesn't make that left turn in Albuquerque...

If she shipped the car, she wouldn't have it for a couple of weeks, and she can't wait that long. Besides, this road trip will give her the opportunity to finally figure out how to pop the trunk from the inside of the car. (Believe me, we tried to find a button. It's pretty well hidden!). She also thinks that she's going to be able to fit her luggage in that trunk, but I'm sure that by the time this post sees the light of day, she will have discovered that it's an exercise in futility.

But we've had a heck of a good time this week, even though I didn't get to go out with her at night to our usual haunts like the Voodoo Lounge and Carnaval Court. And I got to see Andrea again for the first time since the morning before the T2V Poker Tournament during March Madness. And she lives here in Vegas, too!

Once Angy gets home, she'll forward all of the pictures to me that we took. My camera officially sucks, otherwise I'd have some to post already.

Also--I want to give a shout out and a hearty 'thank you' to everyone who hit the tip jar this weekend! It was much appreciated. Also, the t-shirt proofs came in on Wednesday, and I approved them, so hopefully I'll get them a few days ahead of schedule (I wasn't supposed to get the proofs until Friday or Saturday, so hopefully they got a 2-day head start). I've got my fingers crossed that they arrive here at The Estate by this Friday. I'm still waiting on checks from a couple of people, but I've received payment from almost everyone. Those who's (whose?) checks I've cashed, your shirts will be shipped out within 48 hours of their arrival here in Vegas.

I think that's about all for now.

I'll try and post more later this afternoon if I get some free time before going to work, but I can make no promises.

Mikey

No comments: