Thursday, August 24, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Hey Gang!

I'm safely back from Arizona--having just pulled up in the driveway about a half hour ago. I left early--got up at 6:00, on the road by 7:00 and home by 11:30. I had an absolute blast seeing everyone, and we had some great laughs. Unfortunately, I didn't take a single picture the entire time I was there.

Anyhow, I'll write about that in a bit, but in the meantime, I've got to give a couple of shoutouts to my readers; To the 'anonymous' reader who sent the 'Walk the Line' dvd, it was here waiting for me when I got home. Thank you, and don't worry--your secret is safe with me. Also, I have to give some love to Dave P and Jack21. There were a couple of boxes from Amazon waiting for me outside my door when I drove up, one of them being a book entitled And a Bottle of Rum--A History of the New World in Ten Cocktails, which covers three of my favorite subjects--History, Rum, and Sailing. (Not--as Churchill said when speaking about the history of the Royal Navy--Rum, Sodomy, and The Lash...)


I also received a book from my wish list that I could've written had I been more motivated, called American Pie--My Search for the Perfect Pizza. Can't wait to consume that one, too.

Anyhow, thanks very much, everyone! I appreciate the thought and I only hope that I can keep my writing entertaining enough to deserve such generosity.

More soon...

Mikey

No comments: