- If you want to participate in my shame and read the piece I'm most embarrassed about having published, you can go to the Lats & Atts magazine archives. Scroll down to the February 2005 issue and download it. You'll need acrobat. It takes a minute to download (the 'view' option thing never works), because it's a pretty big file. Once you get the file open, my article starts on page 119. Enjoy. And be kind--that was the first thing I ever wrote for public consumption, almost eight years ago. Yeah, that's right--I wrote it in 2001, and they sat on it for four years before they published it.
- As far as Lars getting into the poker tourney during March Madness, the invite is open, but brothaman is MIA this week. I'm hoping he reappears from the Witness Protection Program or whatever he's doing and lets me know.
- I want to thank the seventeen different people who forwarded me the 'Bacon Explosion' article this past week--it's nice to be known as 'the guy who would really dig this'. But oh hell yeah--you know you want to try it. Admit it.
- Website hits--according to my Sitemeter stats, I'm averaging 626 visitors per day. I used to think that it was the same 15 or so pathetic people with nothing better to do all day, but checking the location listing of my hit log, I've got a worldwide audience from such globally diverse places as Brisbane Australia, Ankara Turkey, London England, and Whitefish Montana. And *lots* of Canadians.
- I'm stickin' with the flannel sheets until it gets out of the forties at night here.
- A pat on the head goes out to Amy for coming up with the 'Twestivus for the rest of us' title. That was her
faultidea, not mine. But she's a hard core Twitter kool-aid drinker. I was talking to her on the phone early this morning and she said that her and Scottie were going out to buy her diamond ring today. "And you'd know that already if you were on Twitter!". No I wouldn't. I hadn't turned on my computer yet. So there.
- So this whole peanut butter crisis... Are Reese's Pieces still ok? I can easily live without Nutter Butters and such, but I will admit to occasionally getting my E.T. on.
- I'm amazed at how many people are put off by me not fessing up to where the best CFS this side of the Peppermill is found. Get over it. Y'all ain't driving out to the 89012 for breakfast anyways. And no, it's not the Omelet House--their version is too salty for me, and their gravy isn't nearly as good.
- No, there will be no man-purse at the March Madness Festivities. I went with the Wenger backpack. It's on back-order, but hopefully I'll have it within a month or so.