Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Outta Here!

I'm a little tired today, but I'm overcoming it with anticipation of my impending road trip. I remember resetting the time on my clock radio at 5:12 am this morning, just before I hit the sack for a few hours. I set my alarm for 9:00 am, and of course woke up a half hour earlier than that. I thought I had a ton of stuff to do this morning, but thankfully that was not the case. I got the old room vacuumed out and dusted, the last of my junk moved except for a few items in the closet, and I started doing some light organizing here in the new abode. I still haven't hooked up the tv and the rest of the electronics yet (except for the computer), and I'll wait until I get home later in the week to tackle that project. But most of my morning 'to do' list has been completed.

Luckily, I have no laundry to do, so packing is just a matter of digging through all of the laundry baskets and finding what I need to take with me. Gotta remember the Hurricane Mikey shirts for everyone in Phoenix, along with some cigars and other goodies. (Can't arrive empty-handed!)

Speaking of shirts, everyone seems to be satisfied, at least from the feedback I've received. I'll probably do a second batch, but they will be from a different vendor, so they'll look just a wee bit different. The initial shirts that I bought for Angy and I came from a different vendor, and overall, they have better service. Of course, they're more expensive, but they don't have near the restrictions that this vendor had. And even though I made a 'deadline' for ordering shirts, of course some folks came in under the wire at the last minute. Changing the bulk order was like pulling teeth, so I've decided to go with a different company next time around. It will be reflected in the pricing, but hopefully it won't be such a headache. If anyone is truly interested in ordering shirts, let me know.

Anyhow, that's about it. I've got to pack a bag, take a shower, load the truck, hit the ATM for some traveling money, and I'm outta here for the next 2+ days. Blogging will be non-existent until at least Thursday late afternoon, and maybe even until Friday afternoon.

I'll post pictures and stories of Phoenix buffoonery with my original Vegas compadres upon my return.

Peace out, y'all.


No comments: