Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Miracle!

Finally--the drought is over! While surfing the net this afternoon, I heard the dog going nuts in the front room. I went out to see what the commotion was, and the plumbing truck was parked out in the driveway. He (the plumber, not the dog) spent about a half hour replacing pipes in the front yard, and just shy of 30 hours after losing all water pressure, we were back in business.

Good thing, too. I was starting to get a little ripe. I can finally take a real shower instead of those 'hooker baths' I was doing with the residual water from the filter tank under the kitchen sink.

Seriously, I'm such a puss. Although I love to go camping and such, experiences from this past year have taught me that I can't go very long without running (or hot) water. I would've never made it a hundred and fifty years ago.

Mikey

No comments: