Thursday, August 10, 2006

Quickie Update

Hey Gang...not much time on my hands here. I just got home from about 30 hours of buffoonery with Angy and have to leave for work in about an hour or so.

Anyhow, as some of you already know, the 'big suprise' with Angy is that she came out early to buy a car. Not just any car, but an ultra-cool Nissan 350 Z Roadster convertible.



She'd been shopping for one for almost a year now, and found one online out here at the BMW dealer in Henderson (directly across the street from the dealership where I bought my truck). Anyhow, she arranged financing and such beforehand, and came out a day early to take a look and go for a test drive to decide if she really wanted it.

Well, she wanted it! So we spent most of the day at the dealership--a story for another time--but she ended up taking delivery finally around 5 pm. So we spent a good portion of the evening driving up and down the Strip with the top down listening to Elvis music.

Very much fun!

The first thing we did after leaving the dealership was to come back to the house to take some pictures of it, with her in various poses (wearing her ultra-sexy Hurricane Mikey tanktop, too!), but my camera is doing it's best ghetto-sled-in-May impersonation, meaning it's about to finally die for good, so all of the pics are on her camera. She'll send them along in a couple of days, but take my word for it--it's a very cool car and she looks damn good in it. But as cool as it is, I don't look nearly as good in it as Angy does--when I'm driving, it looks like somebody crammed too much bread in the toaster.

Anyhow, we've had a lot of fun the past couple of days, and as soon as I get some free time (probably next week), I'll write all about it. In the meantime, it's back to work for me tonight, although tomorrow we're doing lunch at the Wynn buffet again. Saturday is cabana day at the Paris pool, and Sunday's activities haven't revealed themselves yet.

Angy still hasn't decided if she's going to drive it back home or have it shipped. But I offered to take a day off on Monday and road trip back with her, flying back to Vegas on Thursday morning.

Although, the recent news out of Great Britain has tipped the scales in favor of her driving back. We'll see. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be an adventure. I'm hoping one of her sisters steps up to road trip with her, but if she runs out of options, I'm willing to help.

More later.

Mikey

No comments: