Thursday, August 31, 2006

I(gotno)Tunes

I haven't been able to download music in over six months. Back in the old days, I used Napster, Grokster, and a few others whose names I can't remember that always kept one step ahead of the lawsuit jackals before getting shut down. Most recently, I used I-Mesh, which was actually a pretty good file-sharing service. But then they upgraded their software, and my machine could no longer support it.

So here I am, probably the last guy in the universe who can't download music on his PC. So I decided to go legit and head on over to ITunes. A buck a song doesn't seem like that much to pay, especially if it keeps me from buying an entire crappy cd just to get that one good song. (Eric Johnson, pick up the white courtesy phone...)

Well, I've been denied by ITunes, also. Minimum system requirements are Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Guess which loser still has Windows Me?

Yep, your humble host is still barely hanging on to the trailing edge of technology.

Damn, I really needs to get me a new computer.

Mikey

No comments: