Friday, August 11, 2006

Another (unrelated) Update

Hey Gang...

If you look in the left-hand column, you'll see a new link for donations through Amazon. No pressure, but I just wanted to make folks aware of it. I've gotten several emails, comments, and suggestions over the past couple of years telling me I should try to make some money with my writings and my website. I've definitely got nothing against making a buck or two, but I certainly wouldn't charge people to read anything here by tossing up a password protected page or anything like that. But had I known how much interest there would be in just the t-shirts, I might've charged a little more and made a few bucks. But that wasn't my goal when I made them available.

With that in mind, I'm giving people the opportunity to donate on a voluntary basis if they feel so inclined. It'll offset the costs involved with keeping this site up and running, if not entertaining. Of course, using blogger for hosting, that cost is eliminated, but there are other bandwidth issues (photobucket, for one) and traffic services that I use and bear the expenses out of my own pocket, not to mention that the whole mothership computer that I use here at Hurricane Central that is in desperate need of an upgrade.

So there it is. If you feel particularly entertained by anything I write, by all means, hit the tip jar. If not, no biggie. I have no expectations. Every donation is gravy.

Thanks!

Mikey

No comments: