Friday, August 25, 2006

Beer of the Day


While at the store today, I decided to treat myself. Nope, no Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Instead I took a detour down the beer aisle. And instead of picking up my usual Michelob Light or Pacifico, I decided to try something new and different that I'd usually never purchase.

Browsing all of the different selections (and Von's has a great beer selection), I decided to pick up a six-pack of Pete's Wicked Stawberry Blonde. The fact that it was on special had absolutely nothing to do with it, either. The also had Coke products in 2-liter size on sale for a buck apiece, so I picked up a bunch of mixables for the rum, too!

Anyhow, while sitting here at the desk enjoying the make-believe tropical breeze coming from the oscillating fan, I'm sipping on a nice cold beer, and I have to say that it's pretty damn good. I'm not a 'beer snob' by any stretch of the imagination. I like pretty much anything except Miller Lite, although I've had some truly bad microbrews in the past. But this is a damn fine microbrew--not too heavy, not too sweet, with just enough strawberry flavor to make it interesting. I don't know how I'll feel after the fourth or fifth one, but this first one went down pretty quickly.

Time for another.

Oh, and did I mention that I keep a bottle opener on my keychain, just for occasions such as this?

Mikey

No comments: