Thursday, September 21, 2006

Week Four College Picks

Ok, the NFL continues to befuddle me, with the exception of a couple of truly bad teams, but I seem to have found a bit of success in picking the college games.

Unfortunately, in my pool (winner takes $1100), I stumbled out of the gate--going 1-for-7 the first week, and everyone else seems to be doing well, so right now I'm just in 9th place out of 23 players. But I can climb a couple of more spots with the following picks:

1) Georgia -27 over Colorado between the hedges down in Athens. I have to pick this game as a 'homie' pick, and I can't see a bad Colorado team doing anything to reverse their fortunes. Georgia wins in a laugher.

2) Nebraska -20.5 over Troy State. After their Trojan beat down last week, the Huskers take it out on the NCAA's perennial homecoming opponent. This is my Pick Of The Week, so it's worth two games.

3) Virginia Tech -26 over Cincinnati. They might hang 40 on the Bearcats.

4) Ohio State -16.5 over Joe 'Reverend Jim' Paterno and the Nittany Lions of Penn State. I don't understand the lines sometimes. Penn State got absolutely crushed by an overrated Notre Dame team two weeks ago, while Ohio State beat the stuffing out of the defending National Champs. Yet the Buckeyes are only giving 17 at home? I thought the spread would've been at least 24 points. This has potential to be another ugly beating.

5) Arizona State +7 over Cal. I gotta go with my Sun Devils over them dirty hippies from Berkeley. Besides, ASU seems to be somewhat underrated so far this year.

6) Louisville -14 over Kansas State. I still think Louisville is the best team in the country, and that makes them better than two touchdowns over K-State.


Last week: 6-1

Season : 13-8

Winning Percentage: .619


Mikey

No comments: