Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

I hope everyone is having a great holiday, sitting around the pool, grilling, cracking a beer, etc. I'm spending my day trying to sleep, but it's not happening for me. I've gotten a few minutes of a catnap here and there since I got home this morning, but I've come down with a cold that's given me a pretty rough sore throat all of the sudden, along with stuffed up nose.

I'm taking medicine, but I still don't feel very well and I know I'm going to be miserable at work tonight. Even though the AC is cranking out the cool air, my head is sweating, trying to fight off a slight fever and it's impossible to get comfortable enough to gets any sleep.

Last night at work, I mentioned that I felt like I was coming down with a cold, and everyone around me said that either their kid/spouse/roommate was sick right now too, so some sort of funky bug is going around, and I managed to catch it.

In the meantime, I've been working on a longer--hopefully more entertaining--post that may or may not be ready to go tomorrow that will probably be of some interest to most of my readers. I don't know when it'll be done--it depends on how exhausted I am when my work week finally ends sometimes late tonight/early tomorrow morning. It's been a tough one to write, but the better ones usually are.

Plus, I need to medicate myself into feeling better tomorrow--an old friend called me a couple times this weekend after having not heard from her in a few months. We're getting together tomorrow afternoon for the first time in forever, and I hope all is well in her world. Regardless it'll be nice to see her again and I'm sure I'll feel better once I do.

That's all for now.

Mikey

No comments: