Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Confluence of Ideas

It's been a weird week for me, gang. In addition to fighting a slight head cold, I've had a lot on my mind lately, and three different subjects that individually seem absolutely unrelated have crossed paths in my brain, stirring the creative juices and causing me to spend most of the past three days locked in my room pounding the keys relating a story that most longtime readers will find fairly interesting.

It started on Sunday as a quick typical weekend post, but quickly grew out of control and I just couldn't stop writing. It's already much longer than the trip to Phoenix story from last week, and there is no end in sight. As soon as I write one thing, it taps a flood of detailed memories that just have to be included, so they get added, everything gets re-edited, and once I re-read my work, the cycle repeats itself. And I'm still nowhere near my original thought-out conclusion.

I have no idea if anyone will give a rat's ass once I finally post it, but I have to say that I've been enjoying the writing process this week.

I'm feelin' it, and that usually means I'll crank out a decent product. Since I'm sick, broke, and have two full days off, I can't see myself getting away from the keyboard anytime soon.

Who knows, I could be finished in the next two hours, or, you may not hear from me again until Thursday. But know this--when you *do* hear from me again, you'll have plenty of reading material to digest.

Mikey

No comments: