Friday, September 01, 2006

Ouch!

For being a Friday, it sure feels an awful lot like a Monday where nothing seems to be going right. First of all, it was payday, which is usually a good thing, but this check was the one with the really bad two weeks worth of tokes, and my take-home was about $500 less than I was getting used to. That smarts a little bit, and certainly puts a damper on the buffoonery for the next few weeks.

Then while I was out running around doing errands today, I managed to dump my Coke in my lap. No big deal if I were wearing denim shorts or swim trunks, but no, I was wearing grey cotton gym shorts, so it totally looked like I pissed myself. And of course the bank was crowded, being a Friday before the holiday weekend, so I got a few curious looks. Oh well. Practice for when I get really old, I guess. I see people around this town all the time who've pissed their pants, so it doesn't faze me much. I just hate that it happened to me.

And if you were keeping score, my college football pool is off to a great start as after last night. I'm in an 0-2 hole. Nice going, Cyclones. Last time I pick you chumps.

On the music downloading side, that mp3 site that was recommended doesn't seem to want to work for me, plus George informs me that it's an illegal Russian website. Not that I've ever had a problem with downloading stuff for free for my own personal use, but I don't need The Man kicking down my door and serving me with papers from the RIAA. I guess I'm gonna have to go back to stealing music the old-fashioned way and order a bunch of stuff from Columbia House under an assumed name.

But, it's a holiday weekend, meaning that all of the drunken yahoos from SoCal will be up here throwing cash around for a few days, so I'll be pretty busy and will hopefully make some good money.


In the meantime, I've got a few things for your viewing pleasure. The first is the video for Wings of a Butterfly, that song I was talking about last week. I got the cd yesterday, and in case you haven't heard it, now is your chance.

Also, a couple of people emailed me after that post about the kid playing Pachelbel on the guitar, saying that they'd never heard of the song Rain by The Cult--the song that inspired me to pick up a guitar for the first time. Well, here it is. Of course, until today, I hadn't seen that video since 1986.

Man, what a bunch of freaks.

Mikey

No comments: