Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday NFL Picks

I had another respectable showing last week, but I have to admit, this was the first time in recent memory where there was no money-line action on five of the games. Vegas knows how bad some of these teams suck this year, and I have to say that I'm quite disappointed in whoever did the scheduling this year and gave the Raiders a bye this week.

I could really use the money right now.

Oh well, maybe I can bet against the Browns. Hey... now there's an idea.

Anyhow, on to the picks:

Panthers over the Buccaneers -- That Simms kid looks just plain awful at QB, and the Cadillac is running like an old Nova.

Vikings over the Bears -- This is one of those pick 'em games that I could go either way on. The Vikings can run the ball, Brad Johnson seems to be finding receivers when they need them, and they're playing at home. I think it'll be a tough divisional game for the Bears, and since they won't go undefeated anyways, I chose the Vikings to hand the Bears their first loss this week.

Bengals over the Steelers -- Big Ben struggles, and the Steelers don't have much of a running game. And I'm guessing the score will be higher than 9-0 this week. Carsen Palmer gets his revenge.

Packers over the Lions -- Moral victory last week for the Pack. This time they get one that counts.

Colts over the Jaguars -- As much as I'd love to pick the Jags here, I'm just afraid that they're going to blitz Peyton Manning too much, and there is no better quarterback in the league than Manning in picking up blitzes and making the defense pay. They've got no running game though, so look for the Indy receivers to have a big day.

Jets over the Bills -- Jets showed a little grit last week and made the Patriots work pretty hard for that win. I think they'll be just a touch better this year than everyone predicted.

Dolphins over the Titans -- Even though both are 0-2, I've got to give the edge to the team that actually has some talent. And home field.

Redskins over the Texans -- Somebody finally wins a game, although the over/under on number of times Clinton Portis' shoulder is mentioned is higher than the over/under for total score.

Ravens over the Browns -- Another gimme. Although, I'm afraid of this one having 'Upset' written all over it.

Giants over the Seahawks -- Sean Alexander can't run this year.

Eagles over the 49ers -- Niners are still celebrating their victory over the Rams last week, while the Eagles are looking to whoop some ass.

Cardinals over the Rams -- After such a disappointing loss last week, I'm picking against the Rams, but it'll be close. Cards are well on their way to another 7-9 season.

Patriots over the Broncos -- Who would you rather have leading your team this week? Tom Brady or Jake Plummer? 'nuff said.

Falcons over the Saints -- yeah, the Saints will be riding high on emotion all through the first half, but in the second half, the Falcons pour it on.

Last week: 11-5

Season: 21-10

Winning Percentage: .677


Mikey

No comments: