Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Slow News Day

I think I've got to go back to having the Food Network set as my background noise during the day instead of ESPN.

First of all, earlier this week, it was a constant barrage of the oh-so-serious coverage from New Orleans. It was just a damn football game fer Chrissakes, but they had about 48 hours of continuous coverage searching for Deeper Meaning. Yeah, New Orleans is a wreck. If Mother Nature decides that she wants to completely destroy a city that was poorly designed in the first place, it may take awhile to bring it back up to speed, especially when a good portion of the population doesn't want to get off it's damn ass and do anything about it except squawk that it needs more of my money.

That's just my opinion, but it seems painfully obvious.

Also, they may have mentioned something about a story about some football player in Dallas 'accidentally' overdosing on pain medication this week.

Yawn.

It seems like the only people that like that guy are the sports media, and it's not that they like him as a person, it's just that he's such an asshat that it makes their job easy. They really don't have to do much as the stories just write themselves.

But watching Mike Greenberg keep repeating that the Dallas police have closed the book on the investigation is like watching that SNL parody of the Reagan assassination attempt with Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat getting shot. It's a never-ending parade of uninteresting non-information. I think I've been reminded of this non-story about 37 times already today.

I guess it could be worse. I could be sitting here listening to Rachel Ray moan as she takes a bite out of the cheapest thing on the menu...

Mikey

No comments: