Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Numbers

Well, on Sunday night we ended up making about $119 per eight-hour shift worked. That means that I only got about $89 since I left two hours early. Grrrr...

In a stunning turn of events, however, this night I was just the absolute cooler--wiping everybody out within minutes of arriving at each table, yet I managed to drop more tokes than I did on Sunday. I don't know how to explain it. It was dead again tonight--half of our tables were closed by 1am. Since it was the beginning of a new pay period, my 'Friday' night, and they asked me about five times if I wanted to leave, I decided to pull the rip cord a couple hours early.

Funny, I'm not really that tired, but this extra two hours of sleep is probably gonna cost me fifty bucks. Although there have been many times in my life where I would've gladly paid fifty bucks for a couple hours of sleep, this doesn't feel like one of them.

Mikey

No comments: