Wednesday, January 25, 2006

American Broke-Ass

I was just browsing over at Amazon.com and found that I can buy a boxed set of all four of the previous seasons of 24 for the bargain price of just $170. Hmmm... First full-time paycheck coming next week... February rent is already paid...

Can I justify this purchase?

I've got a freezer and pantry full of groceries already... The gas tank is full... I haven't bought a new DVD in months... I missed all of season 3... Don't need to buy any new clothes right now... Maybe if I commit to putting $500 into the IRA first... The humidor is full... I got my money back from those crooks at the bank... Nobody is coming to town for a few weeks that I'd need to set aside any 'entertainment' money for...

But wait. A trip to the man-spa runs about $125 for an afternoon of relaxation and grooming!

Sorry Jack. You're going on the Wish List for now.

Mikey

No comments: