Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Between the Sheets

I am constantly amazed at the feedback I get from this website. There is truly a diverse crowd reading my stuff, and I'm just thankful that people are actually reading it. But what surprises me is sometimes the stuff I find funny or interesting falls completely flat, but mundane topics generate the most interest.

For example, twice in the past few months I've posted my favorite headlines from Fark.com. To me, that is some of the most clever and funny writing available on the internet. But not one person has ever left a comment or sent an email regarding those posts. Nothing but internet tumbleweeds... I also dashed off a quick locker-room-humor post about the differences between blogging and sex. Again, not a peep.

Tap Tap Tap--Hey is this thing on?

But what I really find interesting is that my mention of shopping for new sheets has filled up my inbox and comment section with all sorts of opinions of where I should buy them. I had no idea so many people were so passionate about such things. Seriously, I must've had 25 emails on the subject. But the most interesting link sent so far has led me to this. Oh hell yeah. Wrap it up, I'll take it!

I guess that once I finally get some new bedding, I'll have to give a full report.

By the way, I'm making the pick right now--USC wins tonight in the Rose Bowl. Call your bookie and bet the paycheck. Hell, they might even cover the spread, too.

Mikey

No comments: