Sunday, January 01, 2006

Women... Be Shoppin'!

Well, now that I've got my new bed, I've decided it's time to upgrade my sheets and pillows and such. Currently I've got two sets in the rotation--a set of art-class abstract sheets that I've been carrying around since about 1986, coupled with my ultra-trendy black matrix king-size waterbed comforter, and a matching set that I bought back in 1999 when I had a lady friend spend a week with me, when my old sheets just wouldn't do. So sometime this week I've got to go out and find a new queen sized bed-in-a-bag set. I've been looking online for the past week, but there is nothing available that a single guy who hopes to maintain his heterosexuality would ever consider using. So it looks like I'm gonna be lurking around Linens & Things and Bed, Bath, & Beyond and other such places where I normally don't hang out much. It should be an interesting experience.

I've also decided to upgrade my 'office chair' and get back to a nice leather one like I used to have. My old one got trashed on my move to Nashville three years ago, getting smashed in the trailer on the drive out. So I used an old dining room chair back then, and right now I'm using a Walmart folding chair with a rocking-chair cushion. So while I'm out doing my linen shopping, maybe I'll pick up a new office chair, too.

While this next paycheck should be a good one, I'm going to do the right thing and put about $300 or so in the savings account, then pay a bill or two, then the rest is mine to go shopping and goof off with. The Razr phone may have to wait awhile.

Of course I'll need to set aside a couple hundy for Kelly & Dane's visit next week for some pai gow and maybe a little foray to the dice table one night. I also heard that my niece Allison and her husband Mike are coming to town for a couple days, so I may need to take them to dinner or something. Also, word around the campfire is that a couple of crazy Canadians are planning to invade next weekend, too, so I'll probably bring sixty cents on the dollar with me when I hang out with them...

Oh, a quick word about resolutions. I know every stinkin' website on the internet is chock full of resolutions, year-in-review articles, and predictions. Not this one. I didn't sit down and carve out a bunch of resolutions in stone to carry down from the mountaintop with me, but I've got a few general goals--to drink more water, eat more vegetables, and make more money. Oh yeah, and use the alarm clock once in awhile too. But I think the biggest commitment that I've made is that I won't drink any more Coke unless I'm mixing it with rum. So I'm either going to drink Coke only on my days off from now on, or I'm going to end up with a slight perma-buzz every day. Either way is cool with me.

Mikey

No comments: