Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tuesday Update


Hello Everybody...

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I'm still alive, but still suffering from the effects of my head cold. It's been just over a week now, so I figure I've got about five days left until I start feeling 100% again. At least I'm off from the job for the next couple of days so I can get some rest--My plan today is to lay around watching the NFL Network and drinking lots of fluids.

I'd like to do some writing, but it's tough to find inspiration when the brain is addled with double doses of Zicam and Alka Seltzer Plus.

I worked last night and it was very enjoyable. Doc and Johnny were planning on coming out for a visit, but they sent me a text message saying they were too drunk to drive. Probably a smart move, since it's too far to walk. On the other hand, I had a couple of rather attractive ladies following me around from table to table last night, so it made the whole blackjack-dealing thing seem not so repetitive. Of course I was bummed when I'd get tapped out--I don't want to leave a fun table, but whenever I got back from break, there they were waiting for me at my next game.

But I came home, alone, and hit the bed hard. It was nice to get several hours of uninterrupted sleep.

But when I woke up, I got a cryptic phone call from one of my sisters, trying to make sure I would be around the house on Friday afternoon for a delivery. A "big" delivery... hmmm... Word around the campfire is that they all chipped in and got me something cool for Christmas. I asked if I'd have to wait until the 25th to open it, but she said no, that once I see I'll know what it is. Ok! I like the sound of that. So I told them that I'll be waiting patiently for my new Chrysler 300M with a big red bow on it to show up. I was then told I'd be waiting a loooong time.

Whatever it is, as long as it's not a fruitcake, I'm excited for the surprise.

Mikey

No comments: