Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Unintentional Comedy Channel

Guilty feet have got no rhythm...

Ok, so I've had VH-1 Classic playing in the background most of the afternoon and evening. Normally I would've never known about this station and never watched it, but whenever I accidentally switch off my cable box, the default station it comes back to is #359, VH-1 Classic. So whenever I can't find any other suitable background noise while sitting at the computer, I'll leave the tv there.

Anyhow, since it's Valentine's Day, they've got Anne & Nancy Wilson from Heart hosting dedications all day--reading emails from viewers who want them to play a particular video for 'that special someone'.

It's the typical stuff, lots of ballads and whatnot, but the one that made me damn near spit out my drink laughing was a dedication from one lesbian to her "wonderful girlfriend". Not too shocking in and of itself, but the song she requested was Careless Whisper by Wham. What? Who requests that? The typical guy that I am just assumed that they'd request some Melissa Etheridge or some other headliner from the Lillith Faire. I just can't imagine any couple looking dreamily into each others eyes when they hear the opening notes of that tune and saying Honey, they're playing our song...

Isn't that a song about cheating? However, since the lesbians requested it, it also reminded me of one of the funniest and most tasteless t-shirts I've ever seen, that sadly isn't part of my collection. Yet.

Eatin' ain't Cheatin'

That does it for me. I'm never gonna dance again.

Mikey

No comments: