Wednesday, February 15, 2006

They Call Me the Breeze

Good Morning everyone!

It's not even 8am and I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today. I actually went to bed before midnight and got a good five hours of quality sack time before waking up without the alarm early this morning.

It's pretty damn windy here in Vegas-land this morning, even the news is talking about wind advisories. I don't know exactly what you're supposed to do with that info here in Sin City, except for maybe go one club longer than normal... But the breeze is screaming in from the west, so the sounds of the planes taking off at McCarren (about a mile east of here) make it feel like they're using my back yard as a runway. It's pretty cool, and it drives the dog nuts.

Since I was up, and hungry, I decided that instead of making a mess in my kitchen, I'd rather go out and grab a bite. No, no Peppermill for me this morning. Instead I went with another local favorite, Blueberry Hill. I gave their chicken fried steak a try, and while it was very good, it wasn't as wonderful as the offering at the Peppermill. Of course, it cost about half as much and I was able to finish it, so we'll call it a wash. But it was nice to get out of the house and enjoy a cup of coffee while reading the 'newspaper'. Although, USA Today isn't much of a paper, and every time I purchase one, about a half hour later I feel like I wasted 75 cents.

So, now that I'm up, I've got to go and make myself pretty--got to have my picture taken for my new driver's license today, so I'm violating my code and actually shaving on my day off. And wearing shoes might really put me over the edge.

Mikey

No comments: