Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Time For An Upgrade


I've just about had it with my square-headed girlfriend. She's been becoming obsolete since the day I brought her home over four years ago, but now it's really starting to irritate me. Yes friends, I'm talking about my Compaq Presario desktop.

Over the past several months, sometimes I'd follow links from fark.com or NRO to different news videos and almost every time I'll need to download a new plugin. Unfortunately, my system won't support new plugins from the past year or so. And just today and wanted to get on I-mesh to do some more music 'shopping' and I got a popup that wouldn't let me go any further until I upgraded--my current version was no longer supported. Ok, no problemo... Unfortunately, my system can't support the new upgraded version. It was unable to even download it, either. So my only recourse was to completely uninstall the useless program.

Yep, the technology of the past five years has completely outrun my sorry little processor, and now I can't even steal music properly anymore. It's time to get a new machine. I was hoping to wait a few months, because I just didn't need this expense at the moment. Yeah, this current computer is just fine for writing, blogging, and general netsurfing, but doing anything beyond that is like trying to cook eggs in the toaster. It's just not up to the task.

Oh well. If I didn't spend the money on a new computer, I'd probably just piss it away at the tables during March Madness. In other words, No Dice.

Mikey

No comments: