Friday, February 03, 2006

It's the Shoes

Well, I did a little bit of shopping today. After looking at Eccos and Rockports and the like for the past week, I went ahead and got the Propet Walkers I'd been looking at for awhile. Yeah, they were cheaper, and yeah, you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to shoes. But I've had good luck with them in the past, and for $60 ya can't beat the price. Although as soon as I bought them, I decided that I'm also going to buy another pair of more expensive shoes--maybe as soon as next month. Because I have to wear them every day, using only one pair of shoes wears them out much too early. So if I alternate between two different pairs, they should last a very long time.

I also realized today one of the downfalls of working full-time again was just how big of a bite the gubmint takes out of my ass in taxes. Ouch. The Man is really sticking it to me! Everyone knows it should be the other way around... I guess he's making up for that entire year that I was unemployed and 'off the grid'.

Unfortunately, due to my rendering unto Caesar, I couldn't go on a big shopping spree like I wanted to, but I managed to put some cash into savings, pay down a little debt, and I also set aside a few bills for the big fancy dinner next Wednesday night. Printer ink be damned, I still managed to get a hookup for the $25-off certificate from Restaurant.com, thanks to a loyal reader.

Speaking of food, is there anything better for a cheap lunch that really hits the spot like a 99-cent burrito from Del Taco? I think not!

It's getting late in the afternoon, and I have to start thinking about getting ready for work pretty soon. Luckily all three of my clothing orders arrived earlier this week, so tonight I'll be sporting my trendy new black polyester pants (these are the clothing equivalent to 'birth control glasses'), and a new black t-shirt. Since I'll be wearing all of this with my black socks, black shoes, and black belt, why, I just can't wait to put on that shiny gold bowling shirt tonight.

Color my world, indeed!

I'm looking forward to Tuesday just for the simple fact that I can wear my new Hawaiian shirt.

Aloha!

Mikey

No comments: