Monday, February 27, 2006

Blue Monday

The bug is back. I was feeling fine for the past few weeks, and then on Friday night, it hit me again. Whatever crud that is going around this town--and lots of people I know are afflicted with it--made another appearance. I muddled through, but was so sick on Saturday night that I went home four hours early, and called in sick last night. The drugs are helping, but not much.

I feel like shiat again today, but this morning I was finally able to eat something--I made breakfast of eggs, toast, grits, and coffee, and I feel a little better. I'd been subsisting on 7-Up and chicken soup for the past few days, but solid food and hot coffee seem to be doing the trick. As soon as my insurance paperwork is processed this week, I'm going to make a doctor's appointment, have him prescribe me some powerful antibiotics, and maybe I'll be fine once and for all.

I'd planned on doing some more writing yesterday, but I sat here and stared at a blank screen for hours trying to find inspiration. I know what I wanted to say, but couldn't figure out how to say it. That's a different kind of writer's block altogether. And it's tough to cobble together some good writing when you're feeling poorly, anyways.

Sometimes, when this happens, there's a good tool out there for writers called an 'Imagination Prompt Generator' which helps, and it gave me a few good ideas, but for the most part it seemed to be geared to the Oprah crowd. Lots of 'A bowl of oranges makes me feel...' type of nonsense. I did, however, write down about 15 good ideas, and discovered that I have an affinity for making lists. At least the topics that appealed to me were of the 'List 5 things.... and why' type. So if you see happen to read some posts of that ilk, you'll know I was bored at the time.

Right now I'm bored and sick, so we've got the double whammy going.

I think I'll go back to bed.

Mikey

No comments: