Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Viewer Mail


Judging from the comments so far today, it sounds like hooker stories rate right up there with coleslaw in popularity. You guys make me so proud!

Unfortunately, since I got rid of the Ghetto Sled and moved out of Las Vegas proper, my encounters with street-level female entrepreneurs have been limited at best. Not too many ho's out here in Henderson, and now that I work in the poker room instead of the pit, I don't even see the occasional temporary companion that sometimes make an appearance all the way out here in Suburbia. I suppose I could talk CoolP into coming back out and we could hang around the Celebration Lounge at the Tropicana on some random Friday night. Then the stories would just write themselves...

In the meantime, Linda Lou sent me an estrogen-packed email full of questions from the female species, and I'll post 'em up and try to do 'em justice here in the next day or two, all the while trying hard to bring honor to the Dude Clan, while still trying to be somewhat honest.

As far as guest bloggers go, I'm gonna try and recruit Amy to share a story or two, and word around the campfire is that Reverend Dave has some free time nowadays, too.

I'd also share stories from work, but you'll have to wait and buy the book to get those. And as much as I'd like to tell some 'weekend buffoonery' stories, well, the economy is still in the shiatter, and my usual partners in crime aren't up for dumping money into the Vegas economy at the same clip as we used to. I can relate to that--I'm still trying to furnish my apartment, and three hundred bucks goes a lot further at Bed Bath & Beyond than it does at the dice table. On the other hand, I like the idea of getting off the beaten path and taking some pictures. Maybe one of these days I can talk Linda Lou into going on a photo safari with me. Of course, I'm sure we'll probably just end up at some biker bar out in the middle of nowhere, but that has an appeal all it's own.

As far as today's adventures are concerned, I got out of the house for a little while and went down to the Ranch to watch a movie--Saw Inglourious Basterds at the matinee. Yep, it's definitely a Tarantino flick--lots of gratuitous violence, meandering dialogue, and funky editing. It ain't your daddy's war movie, that's for sure. But well worth the seven-and-a-half bucks I paid to see it. Best line--This here Nazi wants to die for his country. Would you oblige him? It's got quite a few great quotes that made me chuckle, and it'll probably make it into the DVD collection at some point.

But the mailman just got here, bringing the next four volumes in the Aubrey/Maturin series, plus volume 5 in the Prelude to Glory series from a used bookstore up in Vancouver (volumes 3 and 4 are also on the way from other parts of the country). I guess what I'm sayin' is that for the next couple of days I'll be doing a whole lot of reading and not so much writing. And hardly no arithmetic, if I can help it.

Mikey

No comments: