Wednesday, September 09, 2009

No News Humpday


Sorry, but there won't be much of an update today--maybe tomorrow, but it most likely won't be early. I've been up for almost 24 hours straight, and I haven't had anything to eat in about the last twelve. I worked overtime last night, then I stuck around and played some poker for a few hours after I finally got cut loose. (I made $80+ from playing, on top of the three Benjamins I made in tips--woot!).

Normally, I'd never do that, but since it's 9/9/09, they've got a promotion going where if you have pocket nines, and flop quads, you get a $9,999 jackpot. If you don't flop it, but make it by the river, you still got $999. Of course, at 12:30 am last night, we had a waiting list--I got called in early, and we were busier than hell all night. And around 3:00 am this morning, the jumbo Bad Beat jackpot hit, also. So it was a crazy day at work, and then once I finally pulled the ripcord, I took a seat and gave it a shot, too. I had pocket nines three times, but no, I'm not ten thousand bucks richer. But I gave up and came home once I could no longer hold my eyes open. Lucky for me, I was up almost a full rack when I finally called it quits.

Of course, with a few bucks in the pocket, I did some shopping, but didn't buy a damn thing--I found myself wondering if $300 is too much to pay for a coffee table, and the magic eight ball said It Is Decidedly So. I ended up just wandering a bit--I considered a dining room set, but that was even more expensive, and I came thisclose to buying a new home theatre/surround sound system. But in the end, I didn't get a damn thing. Being tired and hungry didn't help, so I just came on back home.

While I was out driving around, I turned on the local sports radio station for the afternoon show, and I learned that Mayor Oscar is a big sports bettor. They have him on a few times a week during football season, talking about his picks and the point spreads and such. It was actually quite entertaining, and I'm guessing he's better at prognosticating than I am. On the other hand, it seems that he always takes UNLV and the points. The man's still a politician...

Anyhow, that's all I've got going on here today. I'm a tuckered out little trooper--hungry, but too tired to cook, and too tired to wait for somebody to deliver, so I don't know what I'm gonna do. I've got a few big-ass green apples in the fridge, and some leftover grilled chicken, but in the end, I'll probably just make myself a PB&J with a tall glass of milk and call it a day.

Mikey

No comments: