Friday, September 18, 2009

Easy Night

Thankfully, the poker gods rewarded all of my hard work this past week with an easy night. I needed it, because I was up all day on Thursday, and got maybe two hours of sleep before going back in last night. I don't know why, but as tired as I was all day, I just couldn't get to sleep once I went to bed.

I puttered around the house all morning, waiting for the FedEx guy to show up, and he finally did around 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon. The box that my coffee table was shipped in was bulky and unwieldy, so he just knocked and left it leaning up against the wall outside my door, and was wandering off when I answered. I guess he figured that it was so heavy nobody would steal it, the lazy bastard. But I wrestled it across the threshold and fetched my handy-dandy utility knife, and started dissecting the shipping materials. I swear, I think it took longer to unpack the thing than it did to actually assemble it.

Yes, putting it together was a snap--it is very cleverly designed and once I got everything unwrapped and ready to go, I was done five minutes later. Seriously--it was not nearly the all-afternoon-long project that my TV stand was--it went together so easily that even the most inept creature with ten thumbs and no skillz at all could've assembled it in record time. I'd post a picture, but somehow I neglected to vacuum after I was done and the living room and dining room still have bits of packing material strewn about, so it looks kind of messy. Maybe later this weekend I'll snap a photo once I get all of my housework done.

And, later in the evening, I fixed my dinner and used it as a dining table while I watched the Georgia Tech/Miami game. I have to admit--it works much better than a Rubbermaid storage tote. And it looks good, too. And just as soon as I finished eating, I was like, Damn, I totally forgot to use the lift-top feature! Oh well, there's always lunch today. Once I finished my dinner, I watched the game for awhile, but forced myself to go to bed around seven. I tossed and turned for far too long, and I was hatin' life when that alarm went off at midnight.

Like I said, thankfully it was an easy night at the poker table.

After I got out of work this morning, I ran into a couple of gals in the casino, one of them I was sure I'd met before. We talked for a bit, but then ended up at the bar trying to figure out how we knew each other. We never figured it out, but it was a nice visit, right up until the end when she got a phone call and immediately picked up the most hideous ghetto-baby-mama accent I've ever heard. I couldn't believe me ears, and just sat there in stunned silence for a couple of minutes while she got all up in some dude's grill over the phone. Of course, before I left, she gave me her number, and it's sitting out on the kitchen counter as I type this, but I don't know if I'm ever gonna use it... It was a strange encounter, to say the least. I mean, it started off pretty well, but talk about a crash and burn at the end.

Anyhow, I'm just glad that my work-week is kinda-sorta over. I picked up a shift on Sunday afternoon, so my weekend is cut a bit short, but I'll take the work. As far as today goes, I'm gonna get some rest, then head to the sports book later this afternoon so as I can entertain you all with that train wreck of my weekly handicapping. Other than that, it's just housecleaning and reading today.


No comments: