Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Summer Is Finally Over...

And this time I mean it! It's breezy, with a chill in the air here in Vegas today. It was 101 degrees yesterday, but the wind kicked up last night, blew out all the hot air, and brought in cool air from someplace else. Right now, it's 68 degrees in Hendertucky, thirty degrees less than it was yesterday when I went out to run some errands. Football weather. Time to light some pumpkin-spice candles and make a pot of chili.

So of course the first thing I did when I got home this morning was to open up all the windows, plus the sliding door on the patio, and air this place out. It's been closed up tight pretty much the entire time since I moved in, and I figured a little bit of fresh air would do some good. Besides, it's only going to get up to 79 degrees today, so the air conditioner is off for at least the next 24 hours. Hopefully I'm done with it until next April.

I haven't started writing any epic trip-report style of narrative about my weekend, and I doubt that I will. Mostly I'll just post some pictures and some captions. If y'all want all the juicy details, buy a plane ticket next time and join us. But whatever I put together (eventually) will be sure to entertain. Besides, I'm still in recovery mode. Monday was a completely lost day for me, and luckily it was a slow night at work. Tuesday I didn't do a damn thing all day except run a couple of errands, otherwise, I divided my time between dozing on the couch and reading a book. (The Commodore, for those who may be interested).

Work seemed to be kinda slow when I got there last night, but I had one of those 'perfect nights'--a couple of tales go into the files to be shared at a later time, and then I spent the balance of the evening dealing to a truly enjoyable table--lots of fun, some great stories, and interesting conversation all night long. Plus I made decent money, too. So I certainly can't complain.

Once the game broke, I hung out for a bit, talking with the floorman and the cocktail waitress for awhile, and treated myself to a well-deserved Amber Bock. Finally, around six this morning, the daytime crew started showing up, so I hit the road. I was running low on supplies, so I made a stop at the grocery store. I intended to spend thirty bucks, but somehow ended up spending almost seventy. Too much stuff on sale, I guess.

But now I'm home and my all-nighter is catching up to me. I've got nowhere to be for the rest of the day, and no obligations to meet, so I think that once I get some sleep, I may start on trying to piece together the remnants of the weekend. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the cool breeze and the comforts of my pillow.

Mikey

No comments: