Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sorry Folks, Park's Closed [UPDATED]

The moose out front shoulda told ya!

Yep, I'm wrapping it up--this here will be the last update from the Original Man Cave. We're shuttin' it down. I'm spending the rest of my Sunday afternoon getting my room and desk taken apart, then loading the truck up and making a couple of trips over to the new place with odds and ends sometime this evening. Once it gets dark and cools off about ten degrees, Lars is gonna come over and we'll get the bed and the desk outta here.

I'll come back to make sure the place is all clean, but then I'm completely over at my new place tonight. I work tomorrow during the day, but we don't have cable at the new house (my roommate has satellite TV in the living room), so I've got the cable guy scheduled to come over sometime between 5 and 7 pm and activate the outlets upstairs. I've been without TV for a week, so I probably won't hook that up right away anyways, but I'll be able to get back on the internet by 7:30 or so on Monday night.

It's been a nice place, and I've enjoyed living here. I love the neighborhood, which is kinda why I'm staying close by. But it'll be even better to live in a house again and not have to listen to noisy asshat upstairs neighbors. I'm gonna miss the pool and the hot-tub, but I'm looking forward to being able to grill outside again and also use the firepit. Even at the old place, I used the grill and the fire pit a helluva lot more than I used the pool, so it's a decent trade off.

Anyhow, that's it from here--we're going dark for the next 36 hours or so.

Mikey out.



**Update**

Well, here it is almost 5:30, and I've got almost everything done that I can possibly do, short of scrubbing the shower and wiping down the inside of the fridge. I started loading up the truck about a half hour ago, but decided to call and make sure my new roommate was home from LA. He's not--he's still a hundred miles away from Vegas, so I put the brakes on loading the truck so my stuff doesn't just sit out there and bake. So I've got about 45 minutes to kill before I get back after it. Once my free time is up, I'll finish loading the truck, go over the shower with a scrub brush again, take a shower and get some fresh clothes on, load the stuff in the fridge into a cooler, then wait for Lars to show up at 6:30. He's gladly donated the use of the huge trunk on his Crown Vic police cruiser to carry the odds and ends that don't quite fit in boxes and Rubbermaid totes. It should take us all of 15 minutes to unload that, then it's back for the bed and desk.

Then I am D-U-N done with this place!

Well, I may come back later tonight and do some last minute cleaning, but everything except the floors are done, and I know how much Rob enjoys pushing the mop around, so he may be doing that (not sure when he's coming back over here, but sometime tonight to finish the housecleaning).

Once the move is complete, Lars and I are gonna indulge in some pizza & wings at the mobbed up pizza joint that's about a good 7-iron from my new driveway.

Mikey

No comments: