Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No Call, No Show

I haven't had much to say this morning, but I just checked my traffic manager, and I see that a few of you re-clickers out there keep checking in to see if I've made an update, so this one's for you.

The news is, I never got called in last night, so I spent the evening at home, doing a whole lotta not much. I guess they figured I probably needed an extra day to recuperate after my action-packed vacation. Oh well, I can't say that I won't be well-rested when I finally go back tonight. I just hope it's busy and that I make lotsa money. I considered going out and playing in a poker tournament, but I didn't really feel like it late in the afternoon, so I never followed up on finding a good one to play in.

But I'll probably play in one on Wednesday--there's a couple of decent tourneys over at Caesars Palace every day, with half-hour blind levels where skill is a bigger factor than luck. And I'm thinking that I'm going to scale back my limit game at the 4/8 table, but increase my time at the no-limit tables. That requires a bigger bankroll, which I don't feel justified in using until I get moved and settled and such, so the majority of my poker playing for the next month or so will be exclusively tournaments.

Today, I'm just kickin' it around the house until I finally head back in to work. It's been a weird month for me--I worked 13 days straight, and now I'm coming off of eight days away. I'll work tonight, then I don't go back again until 11:00 pm on Thursday night. Basically, my schedule is all jacked up.

I'll post more as soon as something interesting happens.

Mikey

No comments: