Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seeking Inspiration at the Bottom of the Coffee Cup

Sometimes, it's just tough to come up with a good subject to write about for all of you re-clickers out there (and I know who you are!).

I've done my usual daily internet rotation, and all of my favorite sites seem to be taking the morning off, too, so I don't even have anything interesting to read. I'm kinda tired, but don't want to sleep right now since I don't go into work until 11:00 tonight. So I brewed up a pot of coffee, and I'll eventually make some breakfast, and after that I might get some reading done. Actually, if I were smart, I'd go and get some cardboard boxes and start packing--I've got less than three weeks to vacate the premises.

My last few days have kind of run together--I was up all night on Tuesday night, keyed up after work, and then I had to go down to Starbucks to get that gift card first thing in the morning. Of course, while I was there, the temptation to was too much to bear, so I got myself a double shot of my baby's love espresso in a venti-sized cup of steamed milk and caramel. That was quite tasty, and it also killed the taste in my mouth after licking the envelope containing Kimmy's birthday card. I then drove on down to the post office, dropped it in the mail, and since I was so close, I hit the drive-thru at Jack in the Box for a breakfast Jack and some hashbrown stix, then back home.

I would've preferred to go to bed after that, but the espresso wouldn't allow it, so I sat up watching TV until around noon. I guess I finally dozed off at some point, but my phone kept ringing all afternoon. I never answered it, only because it was out of reach and I was too lazy to get up and grab it. I finally got up at some point once it got dark, but I was in a half-zombie fog all evening, finally falling back asleep around 10 pm. I woke up again around 2:00 am this morning, and I've been up ever since. I headed back down to the grocery store to get some Coke (I had nothing to mix my rum in last night, and was kinda grouchy about that), but I also picked up some more coffee creamer. There's a new flavor out there--tiramisu, and so far, it's pretty good. Not nearly as sweet as I expected, so I might find a place for it in the regular rotation.

Besides the quick trip to the grocery store, the only thing I've done so far today is read email and do my usual morning chatter with Angy on the Yahoo messenger thingy. But we usually only talk for about twenty minutes or so, otherwise she'd never get anything done.

It's shaping up to be a beautiful day, and it's a little breezy and not even 80 degrees outside yet. I've had the windows open for the last few hours, and it feels nice to get some fresh air in the house. I'm thinking that I might go out for a walk before it gets too hot out, too.

Other than that, there ain't a whole helluva lot going on around here at Casa de Mikey. Falcon Rob is holed up in his lair, padding his already extensive knowledge of all things Pink Floyd, while the Mexican leaf-blower jockeys seem to be taking the day off. I'm sure they'll show up as soon as I try to sleep, though.

If I come up with anything interesting to write about, y'all will be the first to know.

Mikey

No comments: