Saturday, June 07, 2008

Cool Tune

I rarely listen to the radio anymore, and my iPod is now a big shiny paperweight (the hard drive needs to be reformatted), so I usually just listen to my CD collection when I'm out driving around and such.

So it's easy to lose touch and miss any new music that comes out. But several weeks back, I was listening to the radio in my truck and I heard a pretty catchy tune that lifted some familiar tracks, but I promptly forgot about it once I got home. Then, this morning when I came out of the grocery store, I heard the song again and looked it up as soon as I got back to my computer--it was Kid Rock's All Summer Long.

I like a lot of his earlier stuff, but the guy ain't the most creative musician in the world, however, unlike a rap artist who just steals other people's music, at least he's sorta paying tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd. And Warren Zevon, too. (I'm also of the opinion that his best work was playing Robby the white trash loser in Joe Dirt).

Anyhow, in case there's anyone on the planet even more out of touch than I am, here's the video:



Yep, that song is going into the regular rotation.

Mikey

No comments: