Thursday, June 12, 2008

A New Survey

Just in case anyone cares, here are my answers to the latest random survey to land in my inbox.

1) What was the last CD you listened to? The Alarm - Standards

2) Do you have Tivo? If yes, what shows do you record? Not exactly Tivo, just the Cox DVR. I record Jeopardy, Deadliest Catch, Poker After Dark, No Reservations, and random stuff from the History and Travel channels.

3) What book is currently on the nightstand? There are two of them-- Texas Hold'em Odds & Probabilities, and The Professional Poker Dealer's Handbook.

4) What was the last DVD you watched? That David Gilmour concert at Royal Albert Hall. I'm not sure of the official title.

5) What was the last thing you purchased online? Black polyester work pants. They make me look sexy.

6) If you were given $50,000 and told that you had to use it on a new vehicle, what would you buy? A totally pimped-out Chrysler 300-C.

7) If you were given $50,000 and told you could use it on anything, what would you spend it on? I'd pay off my truck, buy new bedroom furniture, fill up my gas tank, pare down my Amazon wishlist, put my annual limit in my IRA, and head to the Caribbean for two weeks.

8) If you were given ten days of vacation to go anywhere you want, all expenses paid, where would you go? Probably an all-inclusive resort in Cozumel, or spend ten days sailing in the British Virgin Islands.

9) If you could attend one major sporting event, which one would it be? Game 7 of the World Series, at Busch Stadium, of course.

10) What was the last alcohol you purchased? Booze is free in my town! Oh, you mean like at the grocery store? Peppermint Schnapps.

11) The last time you went out for breakfast, where did you go? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast was at the coffee shop at Green Valley Ranch. Lunch? I dunno, probably Grimaldi's. Dinner was last week at Grand Lux.

12) Favorite fast food joint? Taco Bell, although I've only been there once in the past year. Del Taco or Jack in the Box would be second.

13) Which modern technology baffles you the most? I'm ashamed to admit it, but I don't know how to put customized ring tones on my phone. Also, I have an alarm clock that has a mind of it's own that has baffled both Rob and I with it's ability to turn itself on and off, even when unplugged. I also completely suck at all video games.

14) If you could live like a hippie, following a band around on tour, which band would it be? Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band.

15) Which do you own more of--purses or shoes? Lets see here, I own ZERO purses, so I'm going with shoes.

16) What was the last thing you bid for on Ebay? I've never bid for anything on Ebay. I don't even have a user-name or account.

17) Do you have a secret crush on anyone? No. My crush is public record. I live with the humiliation on a daily basis.

18) If you could go back in time 25 years and give yourself some advice, what would it be? 1) Don't buy the zipper pants, you look ridiculous. 2) Save every dime you can and then take it and all that student loan money to buy stock in that new Microsoft company when it goes public in 1989. 3) Marry Trish.

19) When was the first time you got high? 11th grade, with this girl named Jackie during a video in Mythology class. She had a 'one-hitter' and the teacher left the room for the entire hour and we blew the smoke into her backpack.

20) Who was the last person you sent flowers to? Sent? Ummm... Well, I bought flowers for Sticky last year...

21) What was the last foreign country you visited? Besides California? Mexico.

22) If you could host a Jon Favreau-style dinner party, that would be filmed and broadcast on cable, who would your four guests be? And where would you dine? Anthony Bourdain, Charles Barkley, Dennis Miller, Ron White. It would take place in a private dining room at CraftSteak.

23) Do you have any weird food habits? Not unless you count sprinkling bacon salt on my peanut butter toast.

24) Which company has made you suffer the most, customer-service wise? Sprint. Once my contract was up with them, I left and never went back. Direct TV is a close second, and I'm praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that they eventually lose their monopoly on the NFL Sunday Ticket.

25) If you had the chance to pelt one public figure with garbage and rotten fruit without getting caught, which one would it be? So many choices! I think I'd go with either Rosie O'Donnell or Jesse Jackson, although I'd have a better shot of success with Rosie, being a bigger target and all.


I invite any and all of my bloggy friends to post up their answers on their sites, too.


Mikey

No comments: