Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back From the Pool

Man, it's a beautiful day here in Henderson/Vegas/America's Playground, and I just got back in from a couple of hours out at the pool getting some much-needed sunshine. It's amazing how much better one feels after catching a few rays. Skin cancer my ass--word around the campfire is that your body needs sunshine, and I totally agree.

I made myself a nice tall sportsbottle full of ice, rum, Coke, and lime juice, and took a book with me. I didn't get much reading done, however. I was dozing with my eyes closed or sitting in the water. Funny, now that I think about it, I think this was the first time since late last summer with Angy at the Paris pool that I've participated in such tan-centric activities. Most of my swimming and hot-tubbing since I've lived here in this apartment has been in the middle of the night.

And just as I was feeling like I was getting a little too much of a good thing, and thinking about coming back inside, a smokin' hot blonde gal in a tiny blue bikini came out and laid out on the chaise lounge about fifteen feet away from me. Yep, that's about the time I decided to roll my head over and tan my other ear, allowing me to enjoy the view.

But as much as I was enjoying it, two hours was plenty enough. I didn't want to get a sunburn, so I packed it up and came on back inside. I'm gonna watch a little ESPN for an hour or two, then go to bed for a few hours--gotta work that graveyard shift tonight.

Mikey

No comments: