Thursday, June 19, 2008

Not My Day

I had a four-hour day at work that seemed like it was about ten hours long, and it just got worse afterwards.

We only had one game going the entire time I was there, but four dealers were on hand after 11:00 am. Luckily there was a single-table tournament going (I got $26 for the half-hour I was dealing at that table), but otherwise, it was half-hour on/half-hour off all shift long. So I didn't mind so much getting sent home, although another round would've been better.

But when I went outside to go home, I wanted to kill somebody.

Somebody had smashed into the front left quarter-panel of my truck, leaving a good size dent, a huge scratch and a whole lotta paint missing. No note was left behind of course. And there are no surveillance cameras on the roof of the parking garage until you get close to the elevators, so whoever did it got away with it. Some moron who can't park, or more likely, can't properly back out of a parking space was the culprit.

So, I've got to get that repaired, and I'm sure it'll probably cost about a thousand bucks. I'll get an estimate first--I don't want to put it on my insurance and have my rates go up if it's less than $1500 or so. But I don't have a weekday off in the foreseeable future, so I'll be driving around all ghetto-fied for a couple of days. And if I don't go the insurance route, I'll have to pay for a rental car out-of-pocket, also. (That might make it a deal-breaker. I may just bite the bullet and call my agent tomorrow).

But that didn't totally ruin my day. I came home to find a package from Amazon waiting for me. Reader Ron from Torrance sent along the Michael Yon book and a copy of the Serenity dvd from my wish list, along with a nice note. That lifted my spirits a bit, so I say Thank you, Ron for the nice gift.

That's all there is from this end. I have no poker stories to share, but judging from the responses I got after that last post, nobody seems to care much about them anyways. I'm working tomorrow, and I'm on-call all weekend, so I'm not quite sure when my next day off is going to be. Whenever it is, that's the day I'll do the majority of my packing and getting ready for the move. Rob told me that they get into their new house next Tuesday, so that's when he'll be outta here. No more HDTV for awhile... I'm gonna try and move boxes and storage stuff this weekend into the garage at my new place, but everything else will be later in the week and into the weekend.

Mikey

No comments: