Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More 'Vacation' Stuff


Wow--over 50 comments! It's nice to be loved, that's for sure. But Dougie was right--with that many comments, you'd expect to find a coleslaw recipe tucked in there somewhere in that post.

Anyhow, thank you all for your outpouring of support and understanding. No, I'm not going away permanently--Even if I wanted to, I think after a couple of weeks I'd get the itch and post something. But knowing that I get to take a 'leave of absence', well, I think it'll do me some good. I'm kinda sorry that some of people are a little bitter and disappointed and feel let down, but you know what? Them's the breaks...

Keeping up a blog like this is a lot of hard work. And it began to feel like a part-time job--a part time job that doesn't pay much, either. And I don't need that pressure in my life. Besides, Linda cursed me with a quote that I can't un-hear when she told me "I only do things that bring me joy. If it doesn't bring me joy, well, I just don't do it". Sage advice, but I think I've taken it to heart. Not that I don't enjoy writing, but sometimes it's a chore, and a lot of times I only did it because I've felt obligated to. I don't know why that is, I don't owe anybody anything, but I think it has to do with a midwestern work-ethic combined with 20 years of guilt-inducing Mormonism (Hey, the Catholics got nothin' on the Mormons when it comes to telling you what a sinner you are!). I may be inherently lazy, but when something has to be done, I usually do it without too much complaint.

Sometimes, however, there just wasn't any joy to be found. But that's on me, not on you folks. I appreciate all the support and feedback I've gotten over the years. And it's always nice to know that people enjoy your work.

Anyhow, I don't know if there's really a point to this post, maybe just a little clarification was needed. But all is well and life is pretty good. And once I take a little me-time, I'll be back in the saddle again, and hopefully better than ever.

Mikey

No comments: