Monday, November 26, 2007

Victory!

I've looked all over the internet for a suitable photo of Johnny Drama standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon with his arms raised above his head and shouting Victory! at the top of his lungs, but sadly, I have come up short...

But it won't temper my suddenly good mood. As I was updating the post below (Thanks again, one and all, except for you, 'Benji'. Fleetwood Mac? Are you kidding me?), I was going to end it with some snarky remark about how I'm gonna have to sell a kidney or something to afford that cd, along with Tommy Shaw's Girls With Guns, and Doyle Bramhall's Birds Nest On The Ground, both of which are rarities that I've been looking for for years.

Just as I was trying to link to Amazon's page with the Tommy Shaw album (which at last look, the only jackass in the world with a copy to sell had priced it somewhere north of $150, having been out of print since, oh, 1986 or so), I noticed that it was finally re-released less than a week ago!

$11.99 Baby! Oh. Hell. Yeah.

I've been trying to get my hands on that CD for at least 15 years, when it mysteriously disappeared from my collection back in college. And only two songs from the album ever made it to the file-sharing sites, leaving me frustrated for years in my search.

But like another great 80's band so eloquently put it, the search is over...

I immediately put that bad boy in my shopping cart, and then hit my wishlist for one more item that would break the $25 barrier and earn me free Super Saver shipping, and it's on the way! Woot! (Along with ESPN's 'Uncyclopedia'--25 Ways to Get to First Base).

So it's one down, two to go. I'm sure at some point I'll get a copy of that 'Sara' song, and that Doyle Bramhall CD seems to be easy enough to find on the used market. My original copy got stolen by our lead singer back when I was in a band ten years ago. There is an absolutely kick-ass blues version cover of Johnny Nash's I Can See Clearly Now on it that we considered doing, and our frontman 'borrowed' my CD to learn the song and never returned it.

Bastard.

Oh well, I'm not too bitter. I feel like Mel Fisher the day he finally found the wreck of the Atocha. Except on a much smaller scale.

Mikey

No comments: