Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Misunderestimated

Ok, let's try this again.

Apparently the Law of Unintended Consequences raised it's ugly head with my last post (which has since been deleted) on both the friendly and unfriendly end of the spectrum. The main point wasn't that I was going to take my ball and go home because my 'ransom demands' weren't met, but that a gray cloud seemed to be hovering lately and I needed to either do something about it or just shut up.

I just wasn't very clear.

I want to thank everyone who posted comments of concern or sent emails of support, but seriously--it's not that big of a deal. I just did a quick post on my way out the door (feeling obligated, since I hadn't written anything all weekend), and didn't re-read it or really even think it through before hitting the 'publish' button. When I can back from school late in the afternoon, I saw that I had created a tempest in a tea cup and even generated some hate mail. It's just further evidence that there is a never-ending supply of anonymous jerkoffs in the blogosphere, and my favorite comment came from an un-named goat humper who somehow connected that post to accusing me of being a stiff for giving a cab driver a buck-forty tip after arriving a half-hour late, missing the airport turnoff, and not helping me load my bags. Somehow in his pea brain, it all made sense.

But that's ok. After re-reading his comment about a half a dozen times trying to figure out where he was coming from, I filed it in the proper place. And my anonymous friend, to borrow a quote from Hans Gruber, won't be joining us for the rest of his life.

Back to our regularly scheduled nonsense tomorrow.

Mikey

No comments: