Monday, November 26, 2007

Musical Bleg [UPDATED]

I have worn out all my resources and the internet has come up empty for me in the past week. I've checked every lyric finder site I could find, and even researching the Billboard Top 100 lists from the early 80's doesn't help.

Here is my dilemma:

There was a nice slow romantic ballad that got a bit of airplay in late 1982 that I cannot find *anywhere*. I'm fairly sure that the name of it was 'Sara' or 'Sarah', but searching for it only finds that god-awful song by Jefferson Starship or 'Sarah Smile' by Hall & Oats. That's not what I'm looking for.

Anyhow, I'm almost certain that the name of the song is some variation of the name Sarah, because in addition to the radio play it got, I also heard it at church dances that I'd go to as a teen, and I remember playing it on the jukebox at Big Cheese Pizza back in Harvester, Missouri 25 years ago.

The hook goes something like this... (from memory)

How could I let you go?

I'm willing to give it all

I'll gather the tears from all of the years and catch them whenever they fall...


Does anyone have any idea about the artist or name of the song? My collection of music acquired by purely legitimate means will remain incomplete until I find this song. And it means a lot to me--it got me a kiss on New Years Eve from a chick I was totally hot for back in high school.

The girl is long gone, but the song remains. Somewhere out there.

Mikey

***UPDATE***

Wow! You guys are great. It was Bill Champlin's version of Sara, which seems to be unheard of out there in the digital world. Of course it's on a rare import CD, and unless I create an Ebay account, bid, and win, I'm gonna have to cough up some substantial scratch for it. Sadly, it hasn't made it to Limewire... At least I know what I'm looking for now. Thanks guys! You're the greatest!

No comments: