Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mother Nature - 1, Neon - 0


Good morning from Las Vegas! I got a good eight hours of sleep last night, and it looks like it's going to be a great day here in America's playground. Eddie B is in town, and I'm off to have lunch with him and his bride Regina this afternoon--they're here celebrating their second anniversary, and word around the campfire is that I've also got some sort of surprise package arriving today that needs to be signed for, which I'm looking forward to. I just hope it's not a frozen turkey or something like that.

I was thinking that it might've been some of Mamasan's peanut butter balls (tis the season!) or maybe some of Cyndi's famous chocolate chip cookies, but I'm told it's not edible. I'm hoping that doesn't eliminate the possibility of a bottle of fine rum or a box of cigars, because, technically, you don't eat either one. Oh well, I'm guessing it's probably a bunch of pictures and other such goodies from the Caribbean.

In the meantime, I've made myself a pot of coffee and I'm thinking of curling up with a good book for a few hours and taking full advantage of my day off before heading back down to the Strip. I've got no plans for the rest of the day, and nothing on the agenda is clamoring for my attention except that big pile of laundry on the floor in my closet. Nobody is at school this week because of the holidays, so I don't need to go down there and deal to an empty table, either.

Doing nothing seems to pretty much be my only option today. Bummer.

Mikey

No comments: