Thursday, November 08, 2007

Holiday Coffee

Of course, regular readers know of my fondness for Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee. It's the only coffee I'll drink when at home (or even visiting Nashville, because both Mamasan and my sister Sherry keep it on hand, too), and I always make sure I have at least two cans on hand. Otherwise I panic. Kinda the way I feel when I'm low on Captain Morgan, but that's a post for another time...

Anyhow, it doesn't have an overpowering taste of hazelnut, just a hint that really cuts out the bitterness that usually comes with most coffees, and the aroma is amazing when I brew up a pot first thing in the morning. I love the smell it gives the kitchen, and if I end up cooking some bacon at the same time, well, one can't help if their mouth waters.

However, there is no bacon on the grill this morning, but there was a pot of coffee brewing. And just the other day when I was grocery shopping, I picked up some CoffeeMate Pumpkin Spice flavored creamer. Oh hell yeah--I love the seasonal flavors they offer--it seems that they have almost as many varieties of flavored creamer as those hippies from Vermont have of ice cream. My 'everyday' creamer usually goes back and forth between the Coconut Creme or the regular Hazelnut, depending on my mood. But this Pumpkin Spice variety is like Thanksgiving In A Cup. It's really quite good--better than it sounds--and I'm amped up after drinking the entire pot in the past hour.

Next month, it's Peppermint Mocha. Sipping on a cup of that is almost as good as seeing all of our hot cocktail waitresses in their Naughty Santa outfits. Almost.

Mikey

No comments: