Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sunrise at the Man Cave

Good morning everyone... I'm sitting here, freezing my ass off, enjoying my second cup of peppermint-mocha coffee and doing my daily websurfing. Why am I freezing my ass off? Because yesterday when I came home, it was a beautiful sunny afternoon outside, and I opened up all the windows to get some fresh air in the house. Unfortunately, I forgot about them and my bedroom basically had frost on the walls when I woke up a little while ago.

As cold as it was, I still managed to sleep all through the night, because I put my sleeping bag on top of my comforter, and to me it just felt like I was on a camping trip in the mountains. Getting out of bed, however, sucked, and the first thing I did was take a hot hot HOT shower and put on a pot of coffee.

I'm feeling much better now, although my feet are still cold. But it goes against my code to wear socks unless I'm leaving the house wearing something other than sandals, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Ok--lemme answer a few questions I've gotten over the past few days. As far as the hot girl from poker school goes--not a chance. The next day, after I thought I blew an opportunity, I saw her again and asked her what she ended up doing the night before. Her response was Well, I've been seeing this guy and we went out to the brew pub at Main Street for dinner... Ok, so maybe I got my signals crossed on that one. Luckily I did and avoided a potentially embarrassing situation.

All that going to school is paying off, hopefully, as I had an interview yesterday afternoon for a job down on the Strip. Not an audition yet, just meeting with the recruiter and doing the paperwork and hoop-jumping that goes along with working for a huge corporation. But they said I should hear something within the next couple of weeks. That has brightened my outlook considerably, because the thought of possibly never having to deal Let It Ride again has put a noticeable spring in my step. But I'm not getting my hopes up--I've dealt with this particular company on several occasions before, and following up doesn't seem to be their strong suit.

Oh well, fingers crossed--gotta have something to hope for.

Also, Reverend Dave has offered to be a guest blogger and write up a bit of a 'trip report' detailing the events of the 'gay cruise' that he inadvertently went on. He's also threatened to include pictures, so I'm warning you now--keep the eye bleach handy. Just some of the stories he's told me are enough to make me thank my lucky stars that I wasn't along for the ride, so to speak.

I wish I would've written some over the weekend, as I wanted to publicly thank Jim Tressel and the rest of the football team from The Ohio State University for losing to Illinois, thus setting the stage for a Man Cave Grudge Match in the Rose Bowl between ASU and Ohio State. Hopefully, it works out that way. I'm also hoping that Oregon and LSU win out, as does Kansas (barely) so that an undefeated team gets shut out of the BCS Championship game (by two teams with one loss each!) and the nationwide drumbeat for a playoff grows louder and louder.

But mostly, it was fun to see Ohio State lose and watch Falcon Rob slowly deplete all of our tequila stocks that afternoon as he built his own palace of shame out of empty bottles and dirty shot glasses. It was pretty much the highlight of my weekend. Well, it was until later that night when I went out with some friends and it felt like I was back in college, or at least at a T2V gathering--we pulled an all-nighter and there were a few derailments along the way. I mean, it's pretty sad when *I* am the voice of responsibility and reason in the crowd. Trust me, we had a good time! But I missed an entire day of football and Nascar racing as our three-ring circus of TVs stood silent and I spent the day after in bed.

But not today. I'm wide awake, amped up on coffee, and my to-do list is actually quite manageable.

Catch y'all later.

Mikey

No comments: