Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Man Cave

Hell yeah--it's like Christmas morning here at Casa de Mikey. Football season is finally here and we're celebrating! When I got up around noon, Rob had added a third television to our normal two-tv setup, just in time for kickoff.

Here's what we've got:


On the top shelf, a spare 13-incher, on the bottom shelf, my old 27-incher. And front and center is Rob's 37-inch widescreen HDTV. It's a beautiful thing.

So we've been parked in the living room all day long, and at one point I cooked up some cheeseburgers to go with the chips, salsa, and beer.

I made a few cheapie parlay bets last night at work, and not being in mid-season form quite yet (I haven't placed a sports bet since the Super Bowl), I realized that one of my tickets was all first-half lines. Yep, like a dumbass, I thought the lines were so good that I jumped on them, not realizing until later that they were all halftime lines. D'oh!

But I was doing really well, winning them all except for getting farked by Nebraska. What, they couldn't put up two touchdowns on lowly Nevada at home? Morons. Anyhow, the comedy gold of the day was provided by Michigan (previously ranked #5) losing to Appalachian State. Not only was it a ridiculous loss, but watching Mark May and Lou Holtz talk about in on ESPN was the funniest thing we saw all day. Listening to Holtz talk, we thought Mark May's head was going to explode. It was so funny that we 'rewound' the live tv on the dvr and watched it over and over again. Then we paused it and took photos:



This was so funny to us that Rob even printed it out and hung an 8x10 copy on our fridge. Now we can't walk into the kitchen without cracking up.

But as great as today is, next week will be even better when the NFL season gets underway. Between college football, the NFL, the pennant race, and Nascar in Richmond, it's going to be sensory overload!

I can't wait.

Mikey

No comments: