Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Whole Eight Yards

Damn... for the first time in what seems like forever, I didn't get the early push at 2:20 am, and had to work the entire eight hours. Shiat--I'd been getting the half-hour Early Out for so long that I felt entitled. Oh well, now I understand the pain of all you working stiffs who have to do eight hours every day. Heh.

But it was a relatively easy eight hours--It was all on Pai Gow and Deuces Wild. I only had one old problem bitty on Pai Gow who was taking a shot on damn near every hand, so I had to put the hammer down. Unfortunately, I couldn't bust her, as much as I tried. But I told the floorman and the dealer who tapped me out, but they were already well aware of her assholedness. Deuces Wild was an easy table tonight too. Normally, every weekend we have a cadre of old women who play for hours on end, and they constantly bitch about their cards. They're affectionately known to us dealers as 'The Deucebags', but that's more of an inside joke...

Anyhow, none of them were there making life miserable for us, and I was dealing out some good hands, the table was fun, and everyone was making some money, dealers included. To make things even better, Lisa Lisa The One I Adore made an appearance, but my tables were full at the time. But I had a quick visit with her on break and we made tentative plans to go out after work, but apparently the cards were sour for her and she called it an early night. That, coupled with the fact that I had to stay till the Bitter End, conspired against any late-night buffoonery. But I was cool with that. I needed to go grocery shopping, I was tired, and I didn't really wanna spend the money that comes with hanging out at the bar.

Once I stepped outside, it was nice to walk to my truck in the pouring rain. We need it pretty badly, and at the time I felt like I could use a bit of a shower anyways... I made a quick stop at my friendly neighborhood Walmart grocery, picked up a few munchables that were needed for a weekend of football watching, and made my way home.

And instead of relaxing with a tall rum drink, I've got a glass of water here to keep me refreshed. I swear, I must be slippin'.

Or just getting old.

Mikey

No comments: