Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Once More Into the Breach

Ok, I'm ready to go, just as soon as I get a few hours of sleep. I've got my Trapper-Keeper, my Evel Knievel lunch box, and my #2 pencils packed and ready to go. Clean clothes, matching socks, and a Trojan in the wallet, just-in-case.

To paraphrase Bowling for Soup, poker school never ends...

Yep, I'm heading back today, and this time I'm gonna stick around and keep going until I network my way into some sort of poker dealing job. I'll practice every day, go on auditions, and not be too picky when it comes to which rooms are hiring. As long as I can find one that lets me work day-shift, I'll take it, even if it's at a dump in North Vegas. I don't care anymore. I'll deal poker at Joker's Wild or the Poker Palace if need be. It's good experience, a foot in the door, and most importantly--tax-free income!

It's been so long since I practiced dealing poker that I've forgotten all the stuff I learned the first couple of times around. So I need a few weeks practice, anyways. And this time I'm gonna stick to it and find something that will eventually lead to a full-time gig in the poker room because I'm sick of going to work and learning that I've got to spend two hours of my Friday night dealing to the retards on Let It Ride... Grrrrr.... I'd rather my nightly letdown be finding out that I have to deal 7-Card Stud to the wheelchair-and-oxygen-tank crowd for an hour or two, instead.

Actually, I hope to be able to work two jobs for awhile. It'll pay the bills down faster, put money in the bank, and keep me out of trouble. And my full-time gig ain't that bad. I know I bag on it all the time, but for the most part, it's a pretty sweet deal. My co-workers are pretty cool, the bosses are mellow, and the cocktail waitresses let me flirt with them just enough to make me think I've got a shot. My main beef is with the amount of cash I make--I just want to make more, that's all.

So it's time to do something about it.

Mikey

No comments: