Friday, September 14, 2007

Almost Outta Here!

Woo Hoo--Friday afternoon! I'm almost on vacation! Now I know what the rest of the world feels like when the end of the week rolls around. I just got back from the bank and running the last of my last-minute errands. I think all I have left to do is just top off the gas tank, but I'll do that on the way home from work in the morning.

After that, it's throw the clothes in the duffel bags (I no longer own a proper suitcase...), pack my carry-on, and call a cab. I have to be at the airport at 5:30 in the blessed a.m., so I have no idea when or even if I'm gonna get any sleep again until late Saturday night. I may doze on the plane for a bit, but that ain't gonna cut it. And once I get to Tennessee, the party is ON.

I was thinking about parking the truck in the long-term lot but that would cost me $60 for five days, plus the fact that the shuttle buses don't drop you off at the departure area--you've got to schlep all your gear up a couple escalators, across the baggage claim area, down another escalator, and then to the departure desk. Forget that . Two cabs will cost me about $35 and be much quicker and easier.

Before I forget, I also want to thank a couple of my readers for their generosity--besides the two sailing videos I got last week, someone else sent me a pack of SW airlines drink tickets for the flight, so I can get good and looped before hooking up with the family, and they also enclosed a twenty-spot with strict instructions that it was only to be used for drinks on the flight back to Vegas next week... Heh. And just this morning I was lying in bed awake, having just shut off the alarm, but not quite up yet, and I heard the doorbell ringing. I jumped up, and as I was putting some pants on, I thought Oooh, maybe it's that hottie Tiffany from down at the office hand-delivering a package... So for a split second I debated whether or not to actually put on the pants. Luckily I did, because it wasn't Tiffany, it was the UPS man, delivering a goodie from my Amazon wishlist. Seems that one of my British readers was kind enough to send along a copy of To Rule the Waves--How the British Navy Shaped the Modern World. History geek that I am, of course I dig the subject.

Thanks again everyone--I really appreciate it!

Anyhow, that's the news. I think I'm gonna go ahead and try and take a short nap before going into work tonight. I know I'm gonna need it.

Blogging will be light-to-nonexistent for the next six days or so.

Mikey out!

No comments: