Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ten Years Gone

I didn't realize it until late last night, but today is the tenth anniversary of the passing of Old Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra. Sadly, I never got to see the man in concert, nor did I ever get to see Dean Martin, either (who I still consider to be one of the greatest vocalists ever to grace this earth).

I'm a huge fan of the Rat Pack, having seen the Vegas tribute show four times now. I also have a pretty good collection of crooner music, with the majority of it being hits from Frank and Dino. In fact, the biggest playlist on my iPod is entitled 'Vegas 1961', and on the rare occasion that I'm entertaining overnight guests, it's the background music of choice. It goes on all night long, whereas I, not so much...

Anyhow, as much as I love Frank and Dino, another one of my all time favorites, Bono, was also a big fan. And he wrote a song for Frank Sinatra on The Chairman's 80th birthday.

So to honor of Frank Sinatra, here is one of my All-Time Favorite Songs, Two Shots of Happy, by Bono:




Mikey

No comments: