Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Still Searchin'

Well, the new home search goes on in earnest. I got in touch with the homeowner of the house I *really* want to live in, but he's still gonna show the other guy and said he'll get back to me in a week after he makes his decision.

Like a job interview, that doesn't bode well. If they really wanted you, they'd make an offer. So I'm gonna keep looking.

I also got a follow-up email from the hot chick with the house up in the Highlands, so I emailed her back, letting her know that I wouldn't be able to rent from her. Those were my first two choices, and they don't seem to be working out. Luckily time is on my side. But damn, I just wish I knew where I'd be living sixty days from now. It's the unknown that causes the stress in situations like this.

I just don't want to end up in another Stripper House, or a place that's falling down around me while my roommate lays around all day in a drug-addled haze, or a house where the indoor ambient temperature hovers around 95 degrees in the summer.

Time to post another ad. Oh, and that reminds me--I've got a nice juicy post in the hopper detailing my experiences thus far using Craigslist. Oh my gawd--you'd think the world is populated by morons and illiterates...

But that's all for now. I've got to work tonight, and Andrea called and said she may come down to visit me. I hope she does, because Thursday nights usually suck.

Mikey

No comments: