Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More Bloggy Stuff

Hey gang-- Just wanted to give you a few updates.

The look of this website will be changing slightly over the next several days. I mentioned previously that I had some folks interested in buying ad space here, and I've agreed in principle to allow it. One of the caveats is that I had to have Paypal account in order to get paid, so that's why you see the yellow button on the sidebar now.

But anyone can use it and instantly become a Patron of the Arts. I'm just sayin'...

Also, straight from the When It Rains, It Pours department, I got another inquiry from a different online gaming company this morning, asking if they too could buy some ad space. I replied that yes, I was interested, so we'll see how that goes.

Apparently, word is out that my readers are a bunch of degenerate gamblers. That makes me so proud!

And I've also gotten several requests over the past few months to make those Hurricane Mikey t-shirts available again. The last time I did it, well, I didn't make much money, but I sure gained a lot of experience, so this time I'm going to go with Cafe Press and have them done on-demand, freeing me from the headaches of shipping and all that. I'll probably offer coffee mugs and other stuff, too. That's still several days away, but at least you know what's in the hopper. Once my new 'shop' goes online, you'll see a link to that, too.

Hopefully, all of these things will generate some regular income and I can start making a few bucks off of this site. Up until now, I've done if for the love. And the free meals.

Maybe now I'll start making enough each month for a tank of gas or a bottle of rum.

Mikey

No comments: